Monday 5 December 2011

Fleeting Night

One of the things I had a great deal of difficulty with on this trip was capturing nighttime shots. My camera only goes up to an eight second exposure, and even then the shot comes out blurry if the ISO setting is turned up decently, as you can see in the black and white beach scene. Still, I had a lot of fun messing with my camera and figuring out the best ways to capture events and scenes without light.

 The Pantheon was my favorite "hang out" spot in Rome. It was sucgh a unique experience to be able to spend time relaxing and laughing with friends on the steps of such a colossal, historic and impressive structure.
 This shot is the one previously mentioned. It was taken in Sardinia during a storm that rolled in during the night. I wish that my camera had more advanced settings, but I like the way this shot turned out none the less.
 This cactusplant inhabits the apartment that one of the students on the trip rented for her children. The sunset views from the porch were beautiful every night.
Finally, this is the student, Dana, with her son Dominic, walking through the streets of Corciano back to their apartment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment